Getting Ready to Start
Download and print the First Year in 10 Steps Checklist and check items off your list to get prepared for college.
Send all final transcripts and immunization form by August 1
- Send all final transcript(s) to Augsburg’s Office of Admissions by August 1.
- Send your final high school transcript, noting your high school graduation date.
- If you have taken an AP or IB tests, have official scores sent to Augsburg. Our college code is 6014.
- For students completing College in the Schools (CIS) or Post-Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO), an official college transcript will need to be sent from the college granting the credit, in addition to your high school transcript.
- Complete and return your immunization form.
Purchase your books
If you have extra financial aid, you have the option to open a bookstore account to use to pay for books for fall classes. Bookstore accounts information will be available beginning in August from the Enrollment Center.
Plan for transportation and parking
- If you plan to park on campus, you’ll need a parking permit. There are parking permits available for both resident and commuter students. Sales begin on August 26. For parking information, please visit the Parking website.
- Biking to campus? Interested in light rail? Taking the bus? There are many alternative ways to get to Augsburg that are both convenient and green. For more information, check out the green transportation options.
- Discounted bus and light rail passes are available at the Enrollment Center.
First-Year Move-in Day is August 31
If you are living on campus, you will move in on Saturday, August 31. More information about Move-in Day is included in your Housing Placement Letters that are sent on August 6.
Participate in Auggie Days, August 31 – September 7
Our welcome week celebration is for all first-year students officially starts with a community dinner at 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, August 31. Please note that you are required to attend all sessions of Auggie Days from August 31 to September 3. From September 4-7, however, you should attend Auggie Days sessions around your scheduled classes.
Attend “First Year/First Day” on September 3
First-year students will begin college on Tuesday, September 3. On this day you will meet in the Commons dining area on the top floor of the Christensen Center at 8 a.m., and your day will conclude at 8 p.m. This day includes a service experience and is required for all first-year students and part of your AugSem course.
Begin your classes!
- Regular fall classes begin on Wednesday, September 4
- Students can drop and add courses without professor signatures the first five days of classes.
- For more information about academic deadlines in fall, see the Registrar’s Office.