Augsburg College joined the Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) in 2001. AQIP is an alternative process through which Augsburg can maintain its accredited status with The Higher Learning Commission. AQIP involves a seven-year cycle during which time Augsburg participates in yearly action projects that instill a culture of continuous improvement and progress throughout the institution. Reaffirmation of Accreditation is based on Augsburg’s active participation in AQIP, on evidence of progress and improvement in the organization, and on evidence that the College continues to fulfill the Commission’s Criteria for Accreditation (The Higher Learning Commission, Introduction to AQIP 2007, p. 6.).
- Yearly engagement with action projects that demonstrate a robust engagement with continuous improvement and process reflection.
- Participation in strategy forums to engage with other institutions on best practices.
- Submission of a Systems Portfolio every four years for review and feedback from the HLC.
- A site visit by HLC evaluators to verify the accuracy of the submitted Systems Portfolio and to confirm institutional compliance with accreditation expectations.
- November 1, 2012: Systems Portfolio submitted to the Higher Learning Commission
- April 2-4, 2014: Quality Checkup Site Visit
- 2014-2015: Re-affirmation of Accreditation Review