Augsburg at St. Kate's (AASK)
Augsburg College selects students for the AASK program based on their application for admission to Augsburg.
The AASK Program is collaborative effort between St Catherine University (St. Kates) and Augsburg College to assist students with the transition from high school to college. The program provides specific courses and supportive programming to aid the transition. In order to transfer to Augsburg, the following must be completed during a student’s first year on the Minneapolis Campus of St. Kates:
- All of the required courses of the prescribed curriculum (these courses are designed to fulfill specific requirements at Augsburg);
- Attend all of the weekly seminars related to academic success;
- Fulfill all of the Critical Competencies as defined in the program;
- Complete Foundations of Fitness at Augsburg;
- Attend all of the transition seminars at Augsburg;
- Earn at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA at St. Kate’s; and
- Attend the Summer Transition Program at Augsburg which includes taking a course in Summer Session I.
The AASK program allows students to complete similar course work to what first year students complete at Augsburg. While living on the Minneapolis campus of St. Kates (Riverside and 25th, behind Davanni’s), students have access to both campuses for support, resources, and activities. Upon successful completion, students are guaranteed sophomore status (minimum of 7 course credits) and will have fulfilled many of the first-year Augsburg requirements.
Information for AASK Students:
Timeline for AASK Students transitioning from St. Kates to Augsburg in Fall 2012-13 (In progress, please contact Academic Skills if you have questions)