General Advice About Placement Tests
Preparing for your placement tests:
- There is no need to prepare for the Critical Thinking Test, the Writing Placement Test, or the Michigan Placement Test (for ESL).
What to bring to your placement tests session:
- A picture ID
- Your Augsburg ID number, if you know it
- A calculator, if you wish, if you plan to take the Math Placement Test (graphing calculators are acceptable)
Guidelines for the placement tests session:
- Please arrive on time to prevent distractions for others who are also testing and to ensure that you will be allowed to test.
- Typically, the math and the writing placement tests each take approximately an hour. The language placement test take approximately twenty minutes.
- The Writing Placement Test and the Critical Thinking Test can only be taken once.
- The Math Placement Test can be re-taken only once, during the first term of enrollment.
- The Modern Language Placement Test can be retaken; however, there will be a $25 fee charged to your student account should you decide to retake the test.