Declaring a Major
All students are required to declare a major and select a faculty advisor by the end of their sophomore year, when they have completed 48 or more semester credits. To do so, students must fill out a Major Declaration Form and return it to the Office of Academic Advising. All Day students are required to meet with their advisor prior to registration, and all students are encouraged to meet with their advisors as often as necessary.
Need help deciding?
If you are having trouble deciding on a major, please contact Strommen Career and Internship Center.
The counselors in the Strommen Career and Internship Center help students:
- Assess Your Interests & Skills
- Link Academic Majors with Career Interests
- Get “Hands-on” Community-Service and Internship Experience
- Prepare for the Job Search and Graduate School
- Make a Difference in Your Community and the World