The Office of Academic Advising offers the following placement tests to Augsburg students:
Click links for more detailed information concerning each test.
Preparing for your placement tests:
- There is no need to prepare for the Writing Placement Test, Modern Language Test, or the Michigan Placement Test (for ESL).
- You can prepare for the Math Placement Test by reviewing the Math Practice Test.
- Students with disabilities may request accommodations for placement tests through the Augsburg CLASS/Disability Resources office. To request accommodations, call 612-330-1053 or email email@example.com.
What to bring to your placement tests session:
- A picture ID
- Your Augsburg ID number, if you know it.
- A calculator, if you wish, if you plan to take the Math Placement Test (graphing calculators are acceptable).
Guidelines for the placement tests session:
- Please arrive on time to prevent distractions for others who are also testing and to ensure that you will be allowed to test.
- Typically, the math placement test takes approximately an hour. The writing placement test is a 30 minute timed-test. The language placement test can take up to 20 minutes.
- The Writing Placement Test can only be taken once.
- The Math Placement Test can be re-taken only once, during the first term of enrollment and students must wait 30 days to retest.
- The Modern Language Placement Test in French, Spanish, and German cannot be retaken.