Celebrate Philanthropy Week March 30-April 2
Did you know that 95% of Augsburg students receive financial aid? Or that student support services like tutoring, the Writing Lab, and the CLASS office are available to all students at no extra cost? Financial aid, student support programs, faculty-student research and more are all made possible thanks to generous donors to Augsburg. Each year, more than 2,400 alumni, parents, and friends give more than $1 million to The Augsburg Fund. Philanthropy Week is an opportunity to teach current students about how their education is supported by donors, and thank current donors for their generosity. Come to the Christensen Center to write a thank you note. Staff will be tabling at the following times: Monday, March 30, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; Tuesday, March 31, 11 a.m.–1 p.m.; Wednesday, April 1, 10:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
Want to get involved?
- Share what you love about Augsburg and why you support the College on Facebook and Twitter with the hashtag #auggiesgive.
- Join us for a special Philanthropy Week lunch on Thursday, April 2, from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. in East Commons to help thank donors for their support and encourage them to make a gift this year (RSVP to Ben Krouse-Gagne ’11 at 612-330-1179 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Become a donor to Augsburg! Make your gift online at augsburg.edu/giving.
Excitement is in the air, and Auggies are gearing up to Give to the Max. You may schedule your gift online now at givemn.org/organization/Auggiesgive or on Thursday, November 13.
Support 34 Auggie projects and every student every day with The Augsburg Fund.
We’re looking for 1,001 Auggies to say We Give to the Max! Will you join us?
November 13 marks Give to the Max Day, a one-day online giving competition among Minnesota nonprofits. Last year, Augsburg came in first place among all Minnesota colleges and universities as a record- breaking 837 Auggies gave more than $313,000 in just 24 hours.
This year, Auggies are setting the bar even higher with a goal to raise $350,000 from 1,001 alumni, parents and friends.
With more than 35 Augsburg fundraising projects to choose from, from Biology to the Master of Arts in Leadership program, there are many ways to show your support for Augsburg!
Help Augsburg clinch a first-place spot once again:
- Spread the word in social media with the hashtag #auggiesgive
- Starting November 1, sign up online to make a gift to The Augsburg Fund to support every student, every day + another Auggie project like Women’s Hockey, StepUP, Biology and more!
- Email email@example.com to sign up for a one-hour volunteer shift on Thursday, November 13.