The Bonner Leaders Program focuses on student development through direct engagement in the community. Bonner Leaders work in the community to address social issues such as education, homelessness, racial justice and poverty. Students attend regular meetings to reflect on their work in the community together. They focus on creating a greater understanding of campus-community collaboration as well as engaging other students in the important work to be done in the community.
After filling out the online application, please send a resume and letter of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for first year students starting in the 2015-2016 program year are due August 7, 2015.
Expectations of Augsburg Bonner Leaders:
- Eligible for work study funds through awarded financial aid or comparable financial need demonstrated
- Passionate about community involvement, social justice, and political issues
- Able to make a 2 year commitment to participating in the Augsburg Bonner Leader program
- Work 10-15 hours/week with a community partner (totaling ~140 hours a semester)
- Attend all Bonner meetings (~4 hours/ month)
- Be an active participant and community builder at meetings
- Give your time and leadership for the good of the Bonner program
- Log hours on two different hour tracking systems
- Use email to communicate on a regular basis