Current Bonner Students
Expectations of Bonner Leaders at Community Sites:
- Be on time, consistent, and reliable at your community site.
- Communicate with supervisor about college breaks and your schedule ahead of time.
- Take on greater responsibility for leadership at your work site as your experience there grows.
- Share the needs of the organization with the Bonner group or other students on campus.
- Participate in monthly meetings with your site supervisor.
Quotes from current Bonner students:
Devyn, 3rd-year Bonner Leader
“Through my work with the Bonner Leader Program, I realized that I wanted to go into education. I started out as a psychology major, but working with students this year at my community site helped me realize my passion was teaching!”
Katelyn, 1st-year Bonner Leader
“For me, the best thing about being a Bonner Leader is getting a chance to connect to other people who are interested in service.”
Eli, 2nd-year Bonner Leader
“My favorite thing about being a Bonner Leader is getting to learn about my community and being paid to do work that normally would be on a volunteer basis.”
Brittney, 1st-year Bonner Leader
“The most important impact I think my work has had at my community site is that I’ve helped give students the hope that they can attend college.”
Nathan, 2nd-year Bonner Leader
“I’ve really helped the students at my site become more academically aware. At the beginning of the semester, they weren’t worried about getting their homework done, but now they always come prepared to work on homework for the whole session.”
Meet the Current Bonners (PDF)