View Augsburg Bonner ’12-’13 Community Partners in a larger map
Jane Addams School/Baker Community Center
Banyan Community Center
Brian Coyle Center
Crossroads Adoption Services
Lutheran Social Services
Governor Dayton’s General Counsel Office
Bethany Lutheran Church
Minnesota School Integration Council
Project for Pride in Living
Redeemer Center for Life
Sabo Center for Citizenship and Learning
St. Stephen’s Human Services
Minnesota Literacy Council
Minnesota Campus Compact
Youth Farm and Market Project
The Bonner Community Partnership Model:
- Bonner programs strive to have deep, reciprocal relationships with community partners.
- Bonners are committed to working with community partners in long-term positions to facilitate greater impact and change.
- Bonner students choose their own placements.
- We see service sites as integral partners in the developmental process, students are encouraged to get involved in understanding the structure and workings of your organization.
- Agencies have the opportunity to interview and indicate preferences about students they work with.
- Agencies should provide students with clear expectations including job descriptions, an orientation, and a schedule of service hours along with regular time to learn from staff and a supervisor at the organization.
Expectations of Community Partners:
- Have a thorough understanding of what activities are appropriate for students to take on.
- Read the Community Partner Handbook.
- Meet with students at the beginning of every semester to construct a Community Learning Agreement and set schedule for the semester.
- Review and sign time sheets for each Bonner student every two weeks. If the supervisor is out of town/unavailable during when a time sheet is due, alternative arrangements need to be made ahead to time. Bonner students are never allowed to sign their own time sheet or forge a signature, even with the permission of the supervisor.
- Inform the Bonner Leaders Director of any disciplinary issues with the Bonner Student Volunteer.
- Take the time to fill out an end of the semester evaluation with each Bonner Student. Be honest with them about their skills and their opportunities to improve.
Community Partner handbook (PDF): Download it to learn more about how students are placed with organizations, the student development model of the Bonner network, and other considerations for community partners.
Example job descriptions: Click for a PDF of a sample job description, and another, and one more. Job descriptions can be modified depending on the skills of the student placed with your organization. A general idea of the needs or desired skills of the organization are helpful for students who are determining where they might like to work.
Work Study Contract
Application: Please fill out this form if you are interested in becoming a Bonner Community Partner.
Click to download the 25% PDF or the 0% PDF for the 2011-2012 Off Campus Work Study Contract from Augsburg College. This contract is only for partners who have been officially accepted as a Bonner Program Partner for the year. Please check with the Bonner Program Coordinator about which contract is appropriate for your organization to fill out and return.