Augsburg College is truly unique in being one of the few liberal arts schools in America that offers chapel every weekday. During these 20 minutes you will find a great variety of speakers and music. We encourage you to honor the moments carved out for you in the schedule that you might experience spiritual growth. All are welcome! The Morning Chapel schedule is below. This schedule is also available as a Campus Ministry Google calendar.
Augsburg Chapel is:
- A worship time where we focus on the Triune God – Creator, Redeemer, Sustainer
- A time for daily sabbath renewal…
- To rejoice in song
- To share in the communal pilgrimage of faith
- To be empowered in our call to be the neighbor, serving in love
- To pause for the day; to breath anew
- To practice radical hospitality
- To be challenged in our faith and values, to ask questions
- To contemplate the Word of God
- To pray corporately for our community & for individuals
- To be inspired by the testimony of others
Morning Chapel SCHEDULE
Join us Monday through Friday, while classes are in session, for morning chapel in Hoversten Chapel, Foss Center. MWF: 10:40-11am, TTh: 11:30-11:50am.
Monday, September 26, 10:40am: Mindful Monday: Stress Management for All. Come practice strategies to restore and balance energy with Jermaine Nelson, a certified instructor
Chapel Series: Public Calling
Tuesday, September 27, 11:30am: Nate Hallanger, Director of Academic Administration
Wednesday, September 28, 10:40am: Dr. Paul C. Pribbenow, President of Augsburg College
Thursday, September 29, 11:30am: Dr. Marty Stortz, Bernhard M. Christensen Professor of Religion and Vocation
Friday, September 30, 10:40am: TBA
Wednesday Night Communion SCHEDULE
Join us on Wednesday evenings, while classes are in session, for worship with Holy Communion at 9:30pm in Hoversten Chapel, Foss Center.
Wednesday, September 28, 9:30pm: Gospel & Holy Communion! Join us for an evening worship service with communion which is centered around Gospel music. Babette Chatman preaching, Community Collaborative Partner at Redeemer Center for Life and Redeemer Lutheran Church. Guest musician: Kent Goodroad, piano.