Augsburg College is truly unique in being one of the few liberal arts schools in America that offers chapel every weekday. During these 20 minutes you will find a great variety of speakers and music. We encourage you to honor the moments carved out for you in the schedule that you might experience spiritual growth. All are welcome! The Morning Chapel schedule is below. This schedule is also available as a Campus Ministry Google calendar.
Augsburg Chapel is:
- A worship time where we focus on the Triune God – Creator, Redeemer, Sustainer
- A time for daily sabbath renewal…
- To rejoice in song
- To share in the communal pilgrimage of faith
- To be empowered in our call to be the neighbor, serving in love
- To pause for the day; to breath anew
- To practice radical hospitality
- To be challenged in our faith and values, to ask questions
- To contemplate the Word of God
- To pray corporately for our community & for individuals
- To be inspired by the testimony of others
Morning Chapel SCHEDULE
Join us Monday through Friday, while classes are in session, for morning chapel in Hoversten Chapel, Foss Center. MWF: 10:40-11am, TTh: 11:30-11:50am.
Advent Chapel Series, “Come, My Way, My Truth, My Life”
- Monday, 12/5, 10:40am: Mindful Monday with Germaine Nelson.
- Tuesday, 12/6, 11:30am: Pastor Justin Lind-Ayres preaching. Musicians: Abby Salmonson, English Horn; Erika Parvi, violin; Kristina Krasnokutski, violin; Derrick Johnson, cello; and the Augsburg Choir, directed by Mark Sedio ’76.
- Wednesday, 12/7, 10:40am: Pastor Sonja Hagander preaching. Musicians: Prof. Bill Capman, guitar; Laura Simms, recorder; and Cedar Singers, directed by Jon Strommen Campbell.
- Thursday, 12/8, 11:30am: Augsburg Jazz Ensemble, directed by Dave Mantini and Susan Druck.
- Friday, 12/9, 10:40am: End of Semester Celebration, Health Kit Assembly & Refreshments. Musicians: Alex Bouvier, Kaylie Johnson, Abbey Stenersen, and Sabrina Shaw – trumpet quartet.
Wednesday Night Communion SCHEDULE
Join us on Wednesday evenings, while classes are in session, for worship with Holy Communion at 9:30pm in Hoversten Chapel, Foss Center.
Wednesday, 12/7, 9:30pm: Lessons and Carols. Babette Chatman ’05, Community Collaborative Partner, preaching.