Augsburg College is truly unique in being one of the few liberal arts schools in America that offers chapel every weekday. During these 20 minutes you will find a great variety of speakers and music. We encourage you to honor the moments carved out for you in the schedule that you might experience spiritual growth. All are welcome! The Morning Chapel schedule is below. This schedule is also available as a Campus Ministry Google calendar.
Augsburg Chapel is:
- A worship time where we focus on the Triune God – Creator, Redeemer, Sustainer
- A time for daily sabbath renewal…
- To rejoice in song
- To share in the communal pilgrimage of faith
- To be empowered in our call to be the neighbor, serving in love
- To pause for the day; to breath anew
- To practice radical hospitality
- To be challenged in our faith and values, to ask questions
- To contemplate the Word of God
- To pray corporately for our community & for individuals
- To be inspired by the testimony of others
Morning Chapel SCHEDULE
Join us Monday through Friday, while classes are in session, for morning chapel in Hoversten Chapel, Foss Center. MWF: 10:40-11am, TTh: 11:30-11:50am.
Chapel Series, “Our Shared (Im)migration” Continues:
- Friday, 1/20, 10:40am: Interfaith Mini-Convo – Inauguration Day Service of Prayers for Our Public Leaders. Everyone is welcome.
- Monday, 1/23: Mindful Monday with Jermaine Nelson
- Tuesday, 1/24: No Chapel Service – Sverdrup Lecture at 11am
- Wednesday, 1/25, 10:40am: Interfaith Mini-Convo with the Muslim Student Association
- Thursday, 1/26: No Chapel Service – All Hands Meeting at 11am
- Friday, 1/27, 10:40am: Augsburg College President Dr. Paul C. Pribbenow preaching
Wednesday Night Communion SCHEDULE
Join us on Wednesday evenings, while classes are in session, for worship with Holy Communion at 9:30pm in Hoversten Chapel, Foss Center.
Wednesday, 1/25, 9:30pm: Holden Evening Prayer. Join us for an evening service of Holy Communion using the Holden Evening Prayer liturgy. Pastor Mike Matson ’06, Chaplain to Student Athletes, preaching.