Explore vocation while serving at a faith-based nonprofit
Current Augsburg College Sophomores and Juniors:
- Are you fired up about the idea of being called to serve your neighbors?
- Curious about how your talents and gifts can inform your career decision making?
- Interested in exploring purpose, meaning, and vocation in a practical way?
- Looking for a paid work/internship experience for Spring Semester 2015?
If yes to all of these, we invite you to apply to be a Christensen Vocation Intern. Some benefits and responsibilities include:
- Direct work experience at a faith-based non-profit organization.
- Students of any major and any faith background can participate.
- Participation in a bi-weekly seminar with other interns, sharing and reflecting about vocational discernment.
- Duration: 10-12 weeks, 8-10 hours/week; PAID internship for 100 hours during Spring 2015 semester.
- Completed Christensen internships can be eligible for the Augsburg Experience.
There are three potential placement sites for these internships. View the site specific internship positions on the Strommen Center’s AUGPOST website.
Deadline and application instructions:
Submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, November 24, 2014:
- Names and contact information of two references – at least one Augsburg faculty or staff
- Cover letter and/or essay which addresses the following questions-
- Why are you interested in integrating the exploration of vocation with making career choices?
- What knowledge/skills/experiences are you eager to bring to the internship?
- What knowledge/skills/experience do you hope to develop or enhance during the internship?
- Which Christensen intern site(s) would you like to be considered for and why?
The Christensen Interns will be selected based on strong interest in exploring vocation, call, and career interests in faith based or service organizations, as well as potential match with the internship site needs.
Questions? Contact Lonna Field at 612-330-1467 or email@example.com