Cedar Commons is dedicated to strengthening relationships between Augsburg and its community partners, or connecting community partners more deeply with each other towards a stronger neighborhood community. The goals is that through these relationships, community members will learn across racial, culture and religious lines making us more effective leaders, and that we will increase our capacity to respond more powerfully to the needs and opportunities facing our community by building collaborative public relationships.
We have limited staff capacity so we usually cannot accommodate groups who are hosting closed events with members of just one group, although we may be able to host you one initial time to introduce your group to our work and the space.
55 (seated around tables)
80 (seated in rows with tables moved to the back room)
Our kitchen is not up to code and cannot currently be used for food prep. We do have dishes and a dishwasher, an ice machine and counter space available for your use. You are welcome to bring in catered or purchased food. Check out this list of recommended neighborhood restaurants.
- Sound system, equipped to amplify vocals, instrumentals, music via Bluetooth
- 4 mics, 2 mic stands
- Projector and screen, cord for connecting PCs (please bring your own cord to connect a Mac)
- Extension cord
Parking in the Trinity lot is only available to event organizers.
Other parking options :
- Metered parking along Riverside Ave. (free after 6pm)
- Parking ramps/lots at 21st Ave. + 4th St., and at 19th and 3rd.
Contact Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org to request use of the space. Please include the following information:
- Your name
- Your Group/Organization
- Who are you partnering with?
- Event/Program description
- How does this fit with the purpose of Cedar Commons?
- Date(s) and Time(s)
- Your contact information (email, phone, whatever is best)
Organizers may follow up with you to discuss this further.