Support undergraduate research effort in the Chemistry department by donating on the “Give to the Max Day”! Please find more information here.
Congrats to Dr. Vivian Feng and her undergraduate researchers for becoming part of the NSF-funded Center for Sustainable Nanotechnology! Click here for detail.
Please join us in celebrating recent achievements of our current chemistry students and recent alumni!
- Lyle Nyberg (’17) has been named a Goldwater Scholar!
- Alex Sorum (’13) has received an Honorable Mention for the NSF Graduate Studies Fellowship!
- Lily Moloney (’15), Chris DeVet (’15), Andrew Roehl (’15), and Alex Sorum (’13) have all been accepted to PhD programs in Chemistry around the country!
- Christa Blaquiere (’14), a first year graduate student at the University of Saskatchewan, Canada, has been awarded the Canadian Graduate Scholarship-Master’s Scholarship ($17,500) towards her graduate studies!
Congratulations to those recent graduates that are heading to graduate and professional programs!
- Elly Bier (’14) — Duke University (PhD – Medical Physics)
- Christa Blaquiere (’14) — U of Iowa (PhD – Chemistry)
- Khomson KeratiThamkul (’14) — U of Iowa (PhD – Chemistry)
- Andrew Lund (’14) — U of M (Dental school)
- Lindsey Niederhaus (’13) — U of M (PharmD)
- Ashley Waters (’14) — U of Cincinnati (PhD – Chemistry)
- Ali Wolf (’13) — George Washington University (Physician Assistant program)
- Allison Zank (’14) — North Carolina State University (PhD – Chemistry)
This summer, a group of Auggie chemists will be testing out their lab skills in some great off-campus research labs! Congratulations and good luck to everyone!
- Weih Borh (’16) — RensselaerUniversity
- Chris DeVet (’15) — CIMA Pharmaceuticals (internship)
- Daniel Hilderbrandt (’15) — Mayo SURF program
- Oscar Martinez (’16) — Scripps Research Institute (FL)
- Lily Moloney (’15) — Scripps Research Institute (CA)
- Andrew Roehl (’15) — Colorado State University
- Ben Swanson (’15) — Northwestern University (MRSEC program)
Six students and two faculty members attended and presented 4 posters at the national ACS meeting in Dallas over Spring Break!
Congratulations to Allison Zank for winning the Goldwater Scholar, and to Ashley Waters for the Honorable Mention for Goldwater Scholar.
Allison Zank ’14, who is studying chemistry, received a Barry Goldwater Scholarship. This $7,500 award is given to students from throughout the United States who excel in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) disciplines and who plan to work in a STEM field upon graduation. Zank is Augsburg’s first female Goldwater Scholar and one of only eight students in Minnesota to receive the award. Augsburg’s Ashley Waters ’14 was recognized for her outstanding scholarship when she was named one of seven Minnesotans to receive an Honorable Mention in the Goldwater Scholarship competition.