Purchasing Your Gown
In order to participate in the ceremony you will need a cap and gown. You will be able to pre-order your cap and gown online for a special price and then pick it up at the bookstore. It will be packaged and titled with your name. You will also be able to purchase your regalia at the bookstore. If you purchase it during the graduation fair, you will get a $10 discount.
The graduation fair will be on Wednesday, April 11, 2018 from 10 am to 4 pm for all students and from 4 pm to 6 pm for Adult Undergraduate students. At the graduation fair students may also pick up a free set of 5 generic announcements, take advantage of discounted diploma frames, discount on class rings, discount on clothing, and order custom announcements.
Graduate & Doctoral Student Hoods:
Graduate students purchase their hoods at the bookstore and receive them during the commencement ceremony. Your hood will be delivered directly to your program coordinator, who will ensure that it is available during the Commencement ceremony. You will still be required to pick up your cap, gown and tassel in the bookstore.
Cap & Gown Questions:
If you have questions, please contact the bookstore at 612-359-6491.
Academic dress (cap and gown) is worn for both the Baccalaureate service and the Commencement Ceremony.
- Gowns are worn closed, without jewelry, flowers, or other accessories.
- Caps are worn with the mortar board flat (parallel to the floor), short point to the front and without added accessories. Men should remove their caps for prayers.
- Tassels are worn to the right until directed to move at the ceremony
- Official stoles & cords are worn around the neck. We suggest you pin these to your robe.
Official stoles/cords are approved for the following organizations:
- Academic honors
- Augsburg departments, e.g. Multicultural Student Services, LGBTQIA Students Services, McNair, etc.
- Honor societies
- Academic honors