Purchasing Your Gown
Caps and gowns may be purchased at the Augsburg College Bookstore (Oren Gateway Center) during regular business hours.
A graduation fair will take place in the college bookstore on Friday, April 7, 2017, from 10 am – 4 pm for all students and 4 pm – 6 pm for Adult Undergraduate students. At this event students can get $10 off their package of graduation regalia (if purchased after the graduation fair, it will be full price). At the graduation fair students may also pick up a free set of 5 generic announcements, take advantage of discounted diploma frames, discount on class rings, discount on clothing, and order custom announcements. If you have questions, please contact the bookstore at 612-359-6491.
Academic dress (cap and gown) is worn for both the Baccalaureate service and the Commencement Ceremony.
- Gowns are worn closed, without jewelry, flowers, or other accessories.
- Caps are worn with the mortar board flat (parallel to the floor), short point to the front and without added accessories. Men should remove their caps for prayers.
- Tassels are worn to the right until directed to move at the ceremony
- Official stoles & cords are worn around the neck. We suggest you pin these to your robe.
Official stoles/cords are approved for the following organizations:
- Academic honors
- Augsburg departments, e.g. Multicultural Student Services, LGBTQIA Students Services, McNair, etc.
- Honor societies
Augsburg has selected custom gowns for 2017 that feature the Augsburg Seal.
Ordering deadlines will be communicated directly from the Bookstore when they become available.
Graduate students purchase their hoods at the bookstore and receive them during the commencement ceremony.