Skip to content
- Complete the online Commencement Participation and Ticket Request Form
- Contact the registrar’s office with any questions about grades or to withdraw from the Graduation Ceremony.
- Purchase a cap and gown online or during regular hours at the Bookstore
- Complete your online loan exit counseling, if required. More information is available at http://www.augsburg.edu/studentfinancial/loan-exit-counseling/ .
- Ensure that you have settled your student account in the Enrollment Center.
- Return library books and magazines
- Complete move-out arrangements for on-campus housing.
- Clean out any lockers that you have on-campus.
- Set up a new email account and make copies of important files. Your AugNet account will be deleted a few weeks after you receive your degree. You will receive information about this impending deletion via email from our I.T. Tech Desk. You will be given the opportunity to move your email messages to an Augsburg Alumni email account. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact the Tech Desk at 612-330-1400, or stop by their office in Lindell Library room number 104. Should you miss the Tech Desk’s deadline for migration to an Augsburg Alumni email account, the Alumni Relations office can set up an account for you, but it will not migrate any of your emails. Write to email@example.com to request this type of account.
- Remind guests of the schedule of events and that all guests require a ticket. Encourage all guests to allow extra time for parking.
- Hang your gown (or iron, if necessary) to remove wrinkles.
- Attend graduation rehearsal
- Check-in by the designated time for your ceremony with your cap, gown and tassel. NOTE: Please do not bring large bags, large purses or briefcases with you as they will not be allowed during the processional.
In addition to the items listed above, Graduate Students should also:
- Submit your intent to graduate form to your program office.
- Schedule a thesis presentation/defense or successfully complete non-thesis option.