In case of Severe Weather or a Tornado, follow these precautions:
- Avoid auditoriums, Si Melby gymnasium, Ice Arena, and other structures with wide, free-span roofs.
- Stay away from windows and exterior doors.
- Do not open windows; this can increase damage to buildings.
- Take along a battery-operated radio; WCCO 830 AM provides frequent weather updates.
- Remain in the shelter area until the all clear is given by the weather sevice or Public Safety. After the storm has passed, you may re-enter rooms and buildings that have not been damaged or closed off by Public Safety.
- Report injuries and damage. If the building has been damaged, evacuate and do not attempt to return to the building unless authorized by Public Safety. Contact Public Safety at extension 1717 to report all situations that need immediate attention.
To receive alerts regarding severe weather and related school closures, sign up for Emergency Notification Services. More information can be found on our website’s Emergency Notification Services page.