Faculty/Staff parking permits are available to those who are faculty or staff at the college. Permit prices are based on your FTE, work status, and must be paid via payroll deduction.
Faculty and staff who wish to purchase a parking permit must complete the online process. When finishing the online registration process, continue on to the online payments page, and choose the “Payroll Deduction” payment option. By selecting this option you are authorizing automatic payment withdrawal with your electronic signature.
All the information you need can be found on this webpage. There is also a pdf available here: Transportation & Parking Information. (2014/2015 document)
Faculty/Staff Permit Fall 2016
Visit ‘Parking Sale Dates‘ to see when you are eligible to register for parking
Purchase your pass online at the Parking Services website. You can pick up your permit from DPS dispatch in the Urn/Mort lobby. Please allow at least two business days for processing & bring a photo ID. Permits will not be mailed out, nor will they be handed to someone else on the staff’s/faculty’s behalf.
NEW! COMBO PACKS
- Combine your use of Metro Transit and/or Bicycling with the ability to park when you need to.
- Reduced parking permit cost
- $5 into your HSA with each month’s participation.
Cost for 2016-2017
Transit Combo pack requires purchase of a metro transit pass as well as a discounted surface lot parking permit. Parking permit valid only in remote Lot O at 2511 Franklin Avenue East.
Transit Combo pack parking permit (year): $160
Bicycle Combo pack requires participation in ZapME program- bicycling three times per week. Parking permit valid only in remote Lot O at 2511 Franklin Avenue East.
Bicycle Combo pack parking permit (year): $160
Permit prices: Will vary based on number of members in the group – cost of one permit (Year $480) is split by total number of group members.
Carpool group permits are very limited and will be sold on a first-come basis.
Commuter students, faculty, and staff have the option of purchasing a carpool permit. Any group (of two or more people) who agrees to have only one of their vehicles on campus at a time may opt for a carpool permit. That group will be assigned one permit to share, and will have a spot reserved for their group in Lot B (Fall 2016).
To request a carpool permit, please contact email@example.com. Once an e–mail is received, the sender will receive an e–mail response and permit instructions within 2 business days.
The benefits of registering for a carpool parking permit are: You will have a reserved space (no one else can use it), it costs less than buying your own permit, you will not have to drive yourself to work every day, and you are benefiting the environment.
- Prorated cost based on FTE
- Option for payroll deduction
- 24/7 parking in Lots A, D and L (Campus Map (PDF))
Cost for 2016-2017:
0- .5 FTE Year permit: $200
0-.5 FTE Semester permit: $100
.51- 1.0 FTE Year permit: $480
.51- 1.0 FTE Semester permit: $240
*FTE is determined by your general Human Resources status.
- Before your registration date you should log into Parking Services and check your profile’s designation to make sure it is what you expect. Your “User Type” determines what type of permit you can register for.
- Faculty – wrong FTE? To change your FTE or find out more, please contact Nate Hallanger at 612-330-1674 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Staff – wrong FTE? To change your FTE or find out more, please contact Human Resources at 612-330-1058 or via email at email@example.com
- Temp/Stipened Staff: If you are encountering any issues, please contact DPS at 612-330-1717 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Temporary or adjunct Faculty or staff are encouraged to purchase passes on a semesterly basis, due to the constant FTE change. We will not make refunds on year-long permits mid-way into the contract, so please consider per-semester passes.
- 24/7 parking in either Luther or Oren underground lot
- Heated underground parking
- Vehicle protected from ice and snow!
- Garage is protected by card access
- Designated/reserved parking space
- Easy indoor access to either the Luther Hall or Oren Gateway stairs and elevators
Cost for 2016-2017
Oren Underground Year: $1520
Oren Underground Semester: $505
Luther Underground Year: $1400
Luther Underground Semester: $470
LHUG and OGUG permits are limited and will be sold on a first-come basis. Underground parking sales become available to students first. If there are still spaces available at the time of your registration, LHUG and/or OGUG will appear as options for the type of permit you are able to choose. PLEASE NOTE – The cost for a year underground permit INCLUDES SUMMER 2017. If you will not be parking on campus for the summer of 2017, buy your permit by the semester rather than the year option.