Bing tracking

How to Request a Report

The Department of Public Safety (DPS) releases incident reports under a limited set of circumstances. You may request the release of a report from DPS for the following incident types:

  • An incident where DPS and/or local EMS provided medical services for you.
  • An incident where your property was damaged, lost, or stolen.
  • A motor vehicle accident report.

DPS will honor all lawful requests for the release of incident reports from all local, county, state, and federal law enforcement agencies.

If you would like to request any other type of incident report filed by DPS, please contact Student Affairs at (612) 330-1160 in order to request release of these reports.