Federal and Minnesota law provide rights for victims of sexual assault including:
- The option to contact, or not to contact, law enforcement and to have Augsburg assist you in contacting law enforcement
- An investigation and resolution of a sexual assault incident by Augsburg.
- The right to participate in, and have an attorney or other support person, present in any disciplinary proceeding
- The right to be informed of the outcome of any Augsburg disciplinary proceeding
- Complete and prompt assistance of Augsburg, at the direction of law enforcement, in obtaining, securing and maintaining evidence in connection with a sexual assault incident
- The assistance of Augsburg in preserving for a sexual assault complainant or victim any materials relevant to an Augsburg disciplinary proceeding.
- The assistance of Augsburg, in cooperation with law enforcement, in shielding you from unwanted contact with the alleged assailant including your transfer to alternative classes or alternative college-owned housing, if such alternatives are available and feasible, regardless of whether the victim wishes to report the incident to police.