Program for East African future teachers
Augsburg College’s Education Department is a recipient of the Minnesota legislature’s generous Collaborative Urban Educator (CUE) funding. The CUE program’s purpose is to increase the diversity of the teacher workforce in Minnesota. Our program specifically targets East African future teachers: East African Student to Teacher (EAST). The goal of the program is to recruit, retain, and license highly qualified students who wish to become K-12 teachers. EAST covers tuition costs towards initial licensure. Award amount will vary based on degree sought and are decided on an individual basis.
DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR EAST PROGRAM IS DECEMBER 1, 2013.
Applications must be postmark by December 1, 2013.
Augsburg College Education Department
2211 Riverside Ave, Campus Box #312, Minneapolis, MN 55454
or scan documents to: email@example.com
Fax to: 612-330-1339
Professional Resume required as part of EAST application.
- Admitted to Augsburg College in the weekday or weekend/evening undergraduate program (open ongoing) or the weekend/evening graduate program (Deadline to apply is November 15, 2013)
- You must be admitted for Spring semester 2014 in the MAE or undergraduate program to be considered for EAST Program.
- Admitted to Education Department or admissible* to Education Department
- 2.5 G.P.A.
- Of East African descent and bilingual
- Able to demonstrate financial need
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident and eligible to work in the U.S.
- Undergraduates must be within 5 semesters of graduation
- Commit to participate in program activities (MTLE prep; bi-monthly seminars)
Additional considerations as you apply:
- Applicants will be required to participate in an on-site interview with program faculty.
- Awardees will need to reapply annually.
- Graduates are expected to teach in Minnesota for at least 2 years after graduation.
- MTLE Basic Skills tutoring will be required if it is not passed within the first year of acceptance to EAST. Test scores may impact future scholarship eligibility.
Additional EAST documents:
For more information, contact:
CUE/EAST Program Assistant
EAST Program Director
*If candidate has cumulative GPA and/or major GPA below 2.5 and therefore is not admissible to the department, a special admissions process may be used. Please contact program staff for more information.