Instructor and Health Commons Coordinator
Katie Clark has been at Augsburg College since 2009. In this role, she has coordinated the Augsburg Central Health Commons and the Health Commons in Cedar-Riverside. Katie’s main area of expertise is working with those who are marginalized in our society, as she has developed unique experiences for Augsburg nursing students to learn about the health and healing of those who are displaced.
Katie previously worked for eight years as a nurse at University of Minnesota Medical Center – University Campus in both oncology and the medical ICU. She has traveled to 20 different countries and participated in many local volunteer programs, such as the Bridge for Youth and Higher Ground. In her spare time, Katie enjoys being outdoors and spending time with family and friends. Katie and her husband recently gave welcomed a baby girl into their family.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing: University of Wisconsin – Eau Clare
- Masters of Arts in Nursing with a Transcultural Nursing Emphasis: Augsburg College
- current Doctor of Nursing Practice student: Augsburg College
- The Development of the Health Commons Model. 2nd Annual International Public Health Nursing Conference 2011. Saint Paul, Minnesota.
- Using Sports When Intervening with Homeless Youth in Minneapolis. Faculty Seminar Development 2011. Santiago, Chile.
- Panel Presenter. Creating an Inclusive Campus Conference 2012. Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Health Commons: Partners Improving Health Outcomes for East African Community. Community Health Conference 2012. Brainerd, Minnesota.
- Health Commons received the 2013 President’s Civic Engagement Stewards Award from Minnesota Campus Compact