Instructor and Health Commons Coordinator
Katie Clark has been at Augsburg College for the last four years. In this role, she has coordinated the Augsburg Central Health Commons and the Health Commons in Cedar-Riverside. Katie’s main area of expertise is working with those who are marginalized in our society, as she has developed many unique experiences for Augsburg nursing students to learn about the health and healing of those who are displaced.
Katie previously worked for eight years as a nurse at Fairview University Medical Center – University Campus in oncology and the medical ICU. She has traveled to 20 different countries and participated in many local volunteer programs, such as the Bridge for Youth and Higher Ground. In her spare time, Katie enjoys spending time with her husband and friends, playing soccer, and reading.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing: University of Wisconsin – Eau Clare
- Masters of Arts in Nursing with a Transcultural Nursing Emphasis: Augsburg College
- current Doctor of Nursing Practice student: Augsburg College
- The Development of the Health Commons Model. 2nd Annual International Public Health Nursing Conference 2011. Saint Paul, Minnesota.
- Using Sports When Intervening with Homeless Youth in Minneapolis. Faculty Seminar Development 2011. Santiago, Chile.
- Panel Presenter. Creating an Inclusive Campus Conference 2012. Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Health Commons: Partners Improving Health Outcomes for East African Community. Community Health Conference 2012. Brainerd, Minnesota.