Augsburg College Access Program
The Augsburg College Access Program Scholarship (ACAP) and the Augsburg Promise Grant can help your dream of earning a college degree become a reality.
These programs recognize students who have participated in a college-readiness program such as pre-college TRiO programs, MEP, College Possible, Urban Debate League, and AVID by providing additional financial support. Students receive a minimum scholarship award of $9,000 per year for four years.
Transfer students are also eligible for this program if they have participated in TRiO/ Student Support Services programs while enrolled in a post-secondary institution. Students must be accepted to Augsburg College and provide documentation of participation in a college readiness program in order to receive this benefit.
Another component of ACAP is the Augsburg Promise Grant. Incoming first-year students will receive the total cost of tuition (does not include fees, room, or board) through grants if they meet the following criteria:
- ACT of 20 or higher
- Cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher in core courses (English, foreign language, science, math, and social studies)
- Pell Grant eligible
- Participation in a college-readiness program
- Resident of Minnesota and a graduate of a Minnesota high school
- Must reside in the residence halls while attending Augsburg
Fall 2014 Students: Students who qualify for the Augsburg Promise are strongly encouraged to apply for the TRiO Summer Bridge program. Applications will be sent to all Promise scholars.
There are 30 Augsburg Promise Scholars each year. Augsburg Promise Scholars need to submit the $150 enrollment deposit or the deposit waiver form by May 15, 2014.
If your college readiness program is not listed here, contact us to find out if you are eligible.
- College Possible
- AVID (Advancement Via Individual Determination)
- Black Achievers
- College Readiness 21
- Gear Up/Get Ready
- Genesys Works
- Girls in Action
- Indian Education
- Latino Achievers
- LEAP (Language Enrichment for Academic Purposes)
- Minds Matter
- National College Advising Corps
- One Goal
- PACE (Preparing to Achieve a College Education)
- Project Success
- SAFE (Student and Family Engagement)
- TRiO/Educational Talent Search
- TRiO/Upward Bound
- TRiO/Upward Bound Math and Science
- Urban Debate League