How to Become an Auggie!
We are excited you are looking to become an Augsburg student and want to make getting here as simple and stress free as possible. Just follow these steps and you will be on your way to joining the Augsburg community.
Step 1: Inquire and Apply
- Submitting a complete application is the first step towards becoming an Auggie.
Step 2: Visit Campus
- If you haven’t done so already, schedule a visit and tour the campus! Explore our college in the city by meeting with an Admissions Counselor and touring campus with an Auggie guide. If you aren’t able to make it to campus, take a virtual tour.
Step 3: Apply for Financial Aid
- Apply for financial aid to be considered for Augsburg, state, and/or federal grants and loans. To begin the financial aid process, complete the 2017-2018 FAFSA (www.fafsa.ed.gov) as early as October 1st, 2016.
- Make sure Augsburg has your social security number on file. This is required to process your FAFSA and to create your financial aid award letter. If you did not provide your social security number on your application to the college, you may call the Admissions office at 612-330-1001 or mail in a copy of your social security card to our office.
Step 4: Schedule a Financial Aid Appointment
- Schedule an appointment through Student Financial Services to meet with a financial aid counselor after you receive your award letter to review your financial aid and discuss paying for college. To make an appointment for you first-year financial aid review, call 612-330-1046.
Step 5: Submit Enrollment Deposit
- Pay $150 enrollment deposit with Admissions by May 1st 2017.
Step 6: Complete Housing Contract
- Submit your housing contract, request form, and contact our Residence Life office with any questions.
Step 7: Register for Summer Orientation and Registration (SOAR)
- SOAR is a required two-day overnight orientation and registration experience for all incoming first-year students who will be starting at Augsburg in fall 2017.
Step 8: Submit Writing Section of ACT
- Incoming first-year students are required to have their official ACT writing score on file before attending SOAR. The ACT writing section must be sent directly from www.act.org.
Step 9: Submit all Final Transcript(s) and Immunization Form.
- Send your final high school transcript that includes your graduation date no later than August 1st.
- Have any official AP or IB scores sent to Augsburg. Our college code is 6014.
- If you have completed College in the Schools (CIS) or Post-Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO), send an official college transcript from the college granting the credit, in addition to your final high school transcript.
- Complete and send your immunization form.
Step 10: Start at Augsburg in Late August
- You will receive information in early August in regards to move-in day specifics, residence hall bed lofts and rentals, and much more!