Final Deadline: February 7, 2014President’s Scholarship Application Online Recommendation Form
(Please have your recommendation letter
ready to upload when you begin the form)
About the Scholarship
The President’s Scholarship recognizes first-year students of exceptional academic ability with strong evidence of leadership potential. Eleven scholarships are awarded for amounts ranging from $23,000 up to full tuition.
To qualify for this scholarship, students must have a 3.5 or higher GPA in their core courses OR a 27 or greater ACT composite (or a combined SAT score of 1210 or greater). The scholarship is renewable for four years, based on academic performance. Award decisions are based on academic criteria, letters of academic recommendation, leadership activities, academic essays, and an on-campus interview. To receive this award, qualified students are required to live on campus and to participate in Augsburg’s Honors Program.
Applicants are encouraged to apply for additional scholarships for which they qualify, but if a President’s Scholarship is awarded, the recipient cannot receive any other Augsburg scholarships.
Final Deadline: February 7, 2014 (all sections of your application must be either received or postmarked by this date.)
Amount: From $23,000 up to full tuition per year, up to four years
Scholarship Weekend: All semi-finalists should attend Scholarship Weekend on Friday, February 28 & Saturday, March 1st, 2014.
A complete President’s Scholarship application includes the following:
- Official High School Transcript - This is part of your Augsburg College application and will automatically be submitted as part of the scholarship application.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation – Includes a “comparison grid” which is part of the online form and PDF version. See below for details. *If you have previously visited this site, due to your browser settings, the application may indicate that three letters are required. As indicated above, the correct number of recommendation letters with accompanying comparison grids to complete this section of the application is two.
- Scholarship Essay – Download the Scholarship Essay Prompt (DOC) and follow the instructions. Please save your essay in a Word document and upload it with your online application.
- Non-Athletic Activities Summary - List your non-athletic activities, roles, leadership positions, accomplishments, and awards. List those experiences that best convey your talents, interests, achievements, personality, and passions. NCAA Division III rules prohibit considering athletic activities, awards, or leadership roles when awarding scholarships or selecting students for academic merit. Starting with your most significant activity, include the following information about each:
- Activity name and dates active (General dates, such as “fall” or “summer” are normally acceptable, e.g.: fall 2010).
- One sentence explanation of your participation
- Roles or leadership positions held—if you held more than one role in an activity, list those roles from most recent to least recent, and include the corresponding date
- Awards or other recognition of accomplishment, if any
Please save your summary in a Word document and upload it with your online application.
Once you have your materials ready, complete the President’s Scholarship Application online. You will be asked to attach these as separate documents:
- Scholarship Essay
- Non-Athletic Activities Summary
Once you begin the application, you will not be able to save your progress, so in order to complete the online application you will need to have all of the application materials prepared in advance to submit. Your essay, activities summary and letters of recommendation may be submitted to Augsburg Admissions via e-mail to email@example.comPresident’s Scholarship Application
Letters of Recommendation
The following should be completed by the person writing the recommendation, not by the student:
- Recommendation Letter - Please provide a frank appraisal of the applicant’s abilities. Include examples to illustrate the student’s major strengths or areas for improvement. Have this letter ready before filling out the online form.
- Online Recommendation Form – The online form asks you to answer a few questions about the student and then attach your letter of recommendation.
Letters of recommendation and online recommendation forms must be received or postmarked no later than February 7, 2014.
Please contact us with any questions.
Office of Admissions