Augsburg College’s Center for Global Education and Experience (CGEE) is dedicated to providing global experiences to Augsburg students and beyond.
CGEE operates Augsburg College campuses in Central America, Mexico, and Southern Africa. Since 1979, we have served over 2,600 undergraduates from 330 institutions of higher education.
We also work with institutions of higher education, non-profit organizations, business, churches and others to design international education programs; customized to fit our partner’s goals. More than 16,000 people have participated in more than 1,100 programs in CGEE’s history.
Our programs are inspired by Paulo Freire’s philosophy of popular education, as well as other critical, experiential, feminist, indigenous, and postcolonial pedagogies that foment transformation. Read more about our unique pedagogy and our ongoing commitments.
CGEE also encompasses the off-campus study office at Augsburg College. We support all Auggie students, faculty, and staff who want to participate in a global or domestic experiential off-campus program – whether those are at one of our own campuses or coordinated with an affiliate organization.
Recognition and Awards
- 2014 – Best Practices in International Education Exchange Award from NASPA: Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education
- 2012-2013 – PRIDE Award from Augsburg College (Mexico site)
- 2012 – GoAbroad’s Innovation in Access and Equity Award
- 2006- Council on Social Work Education’s Partners in International Education Award
- 2003 – National Society of Experiential Educator’s Program of the Year Award
CGEE is a member of the following professional organizations: Diversity Abroad, The Forum on Education Abroad, NAFSA: Association of International Educators, Institute for International Education (IIE), and the Association of International Education Administrators (AIEA). CGEE is also committed to Generation Study Abroad.