The Center for Global Education appreciates your interest in making a contribution. Generous donations like yours help us continue providing educational experiences that expand people’s world view and deepen their understanding of international issues. Donations help better prepare us to serve a diverse community of co-learners, maintain long-term relationships with our host communities, dedicate ourselves to social justice, and foster active agents of history.
To date, donations have contributed to the following efforts within CGE:
- Help sustain our permanent program locations in Central America, Mexico, and Southern Africa
- Develop new program initiatives that respond to changing world realities
- Help make programs affordable to those with financial need
How to Donate
You may make a contribution in the following ways:
- Online: You can use Augsburg College’s online donation system. Please make sure to choose the Center for Global Education from the drop down menu as a recipient. You will need to type in the name in the comments section if you want to identify the Mary Witt or Founder’s Fund. You do not need to specify anything in the comment box if you would like to give to our general operating fund. You may also set up monthly contributions, inquire about planned gifts, or setting up your own endowed fund via this website, or contact someone in the Institutional Advancement office
- Mail a check or credit card information to the address below. Enclose designation for which fund or scholarship you’d like to contribute.
CGE, Augsburg College
2211 Riverside Ave S.
Minneapolis, MN 55454
Specific contributions can be made to:
- General Operations: Making a contribution in this area enables us to use your funds as they are best needed during the year.
- Founder’s Fund for Program Development: Established in 1998 in honor of the Center for Global Education’s founder, Joel Mugge, the Founder’s Fund for Program Development enables the Center to respond to a changing world. This fund enables the Center to establish programs in new locations, develop new initiatives in current program locations, or train staff to meet new challenges.
- Mary Witt Scholarship Fund: This fund was established in 1987 in memory of Mary Witt, who was killed in a car accident several months after participating in a CGE travel seminar in Central America. CGE attached the fund to Mary’s name because of her inspiring commitment to a more inclusive, just, and peaceful world. The money in this small fund enhances opportunities for persons lacking sufficient personal resources, especially persons of color, to participate in a CGE travel seminar and meet their counterparts in other countries who are working for social change.
Thank you for your interest in helping CGE!