Welcome to the Center for Global Education Academic Programs Abroad! We are pleased you have chosen our program and are confident it will be a rewarding (and challenging!) semester for you.
Here you will find program dates and recommended travel. Some programs include a group flight you will need to arrange with our travel agents, so please review this information and abide by any stated deadlines.
You will need this information to complete your course registration form. Please include: department, course number, section letter, and title. If a course is cross-listed in one or more departments you can only choose one department. Do not fill in multiple departments.
Please review this information as you prepare for your semester abroad. There are a number of recommendations regarding inoculations and other health care issues you will want to consider and/or discuss with your doctor.
- Social Work in a Latin American Context/Migration and Globalization: Engaging our Communities Mexico Spring 2015 (updated)
- Nation Building, Globalization and Decolonizing the Mind Namibia Spring 2015
- Social Change in Central America: Exploring Peace, Justice and Community Engagement Spring 2015 (updated)
- International Business/Crossing Borders – Mexico Fall 2015 (updated)
- Nation Building, Globalization & Decolonizing the Mind Namibia Fall 2105 (updated)
- Social Change in Central America: Exploring Peace, Justice and Community Engagement Fall 2015 (updated)
If you do not have a passport that is valid six months past the end date of your program, run, don’t walk, to the nearest government office that issues passports. This may be a Federal, state and probate court, post office, public library, or county and municipal offices. If you are not sure where your closest agency is, you can do a search at http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/get_4855.html. You need to go in person with two photographs of yourself, proof of U.S. citizenship, and a valid form of photo identification such as a driver’s license, or your expired passport. Passports can take 6-8 weeks to process once the paperwork is completed, so you should start this process right away.
If you or your parents have any questions, feel free to contact our Minneapolis Office:
Margaret Anderson, Coordinator for Academic Programs Abroad: 612-330-1685; firstname.lastname@example.org