Welcome to the Center for Global Education Academic Programs Abroad! We are pleased you have chosen our program and are confident it will be a rewarding (and challenging!) semester for you.
Here you will find program dates and recommended travel. Some programs include a group flight you will need to arrange with our travel agents, so please review this information and abide by any stated deadlines.
You will need this information to complete the the Course Selection Questionnaire in your Global Gateway account. Please review this information to determine which courses you will take.
Please review this information as you prepare for your semester abroad. There are a number of recommendations regarding inoculations and other health care issues you will want to consider and/or discuss with your doctor.
Language and Culture Summer 2016 (to be revised)
- International Business/Crossing Borders – Mexico Fall 2016 (to be revised)
- Nation Building, Globalization & Decolonizing the Mind Namibia Fall 2106
- Social Change in Central America: Exploring Peace, Justice and Community Engagement Fall 2016 (to be revised)
- Social Work in a Latin American Context/Migration and Globalization: Engaging our Communities Mexico Spring 2016
- Nation Building, Globalization and Decolonizing the Mind Namibia Spring 2016
- Social Change in Central America: Exploring Peace, Justice and Community Engagement Spring 2015 (updated)
If you do not have a passport that is valid six months past the end date of your program, run, don’t walk, to the nearest government office that issues passports. This may be a Federal, state and probate court, post office, public library, or county and municipal offices. If you are not sure where your closest agency is, you can do a search at http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/get_4855.html. You need to go in person with two photographs of yourself, proof of U.S. citizenship, and a valid form of photo identification such as a driver’s license, or your expired passport. Passports can take 6-8 weeks to process once the paperwork is completed, so you should start this process right away.
If you or your parents have any questions, feel free to contact our Minneapolis Office:
Margaret Anderson, Manager, Global Semester Programs: 612-330-1685; firstname.lastname@example.org