Our highest priority is the health, safety and security of participants on our programs. Please see below for resources and details on the steps we take to ensure all participants’ safety:
Emergency Number + 1 612-817-2830
CGEE’s Minneapolis staff are always on call for emergencies at + 1 612-817-2830, 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
Travel & Health Insurance
International travel and health insurance is provided by EIIA and EuropAssist. .
Safety at the Sites
There are additional precautions in place at Augsburg’s own campuses and programs in Mexico, Costa Rica, Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Namibia, and Cuba. The CGEE staff monitors local realities, provides additional information to travelers, and takes additional precautions.
- Safety Notice – Mexico (PDF) (Updated 04/15/2016, replaces 01/20/2016 statement)
- Safety Notice – El Salvador (PDF)
- Emergency Management Plan for All Sites (PDF)
- Detailed information for our sites in Mexico, Southern Africa, and Central America
- Travel Alert: Zika Virus
Augsburg College Annual Security Report
In accordance with federal law, Augsburg College produces an Annual Security Report. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on-campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Augsburg; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, the campus.
Minnesota Office of Higher Education (OHE) Study Abroad Health & Safety Report
In accordance with Minn. Statutes § 5.41 Augsburg College provides the OHE with required incident data on study abroad student health and safety. The following report includes data provided by Augsburg College and other Minnesota colleges and universities.
- 2014-2015 Study Abroad Health & Safety Report (published January 2016)
U.S. Department of State
The US Department of State provides additional information for US citizens traveling internationally. We encourage study abroad participants to browse their information, as it can be helpful when preparing to travel.
- Countries and Regions
- STEP (Smart Traveler Enrollment Program: a free service to allow U.S. citizens and nationals traveling abroad to enroll their trip with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.)
- Travel and Living Abroad