Whether you want to organize a program for a few days or a few months, the Center for Global Education in Mexico is an experienced provider. CGE began in 1979 with a semester study program in Cuernavaca. The work has expanded to include four semester programs and 10+ short-term programs each year. Cuernavaca serves as a home base for our staff, but programming is offered in Mexico City, Oaxaca, Chiapas, Guerrero and on the U.S.-Mexico Border.
Mexico is a short flight from most parts of the U.S. and Canada and offers a rich location to study indigenous issues, immigration, free trade, and other issues that link our lives together.
Learn more about our Mexico staff and faculty!
Possible Program Themes
- Arts & Culture
- Globalization & Trade
- Indigenous Culture & Spirituality
- Assembly Plants (maquilas)
- Inter-Cultural Communication
- Politics & History
- Women & Gender Rights
- Health & Alternative Medicine
- Environment & Eco-tourism
- Human Rights
- Social Work
- Religion & Faith
- U.S.-Mexico Relations
- Zapatista Movement & EZLN
- Agriculture & Sustainable Development
- Trade Agreements: NAFTA & FTAA
- Indigenous Rights & Ethnic Groups
- Tour the Xochicalco pyramid site and learn about the religious perspectives of indigenous people
- Visit with residents of a squatter settlement
- Dialogue with leaders and members of base Christian communities
- Learn about the EZLN (Zapatista National Liberation Army) in Chiapas
- Learn about the effects of NAFTA and globalization for Mexican campesinos and laborers, as well as for immigrants to the U.S.
- Visit an alternative health clinic and learn about the health challenges in Mexico
- Visit the Diego Rivera mural in Cuernavaca to learn key events in Mexican history
Other Services in Mexico
Staff is also available for program set-up, orientations and other consulting activities. Our facilities are also occasionally available for rental.
To take the next step, please call our office or go to our Overview and How-to page for more information.