Since 1982, the Center for Global Education at Augsburg College (CGE) has customized travel seminars throughout the world for hundreds of organizations and institutions. CGE, a leader in international experiential programming, can help you create a holistic and transformative learning experience for your group that takes advantage of the breadth and depth of community contacts in each of our locations. Programs are tailored to your group’s interests and learning objectives, and to deepen critical analysis and intercultural learning for group members. [Suggestion – Break this sentence into 2 sentences. – Programs are tailored to your group’s interests and learning objectives. Experienced CGE staff design programs that deepen participants’ critical analysis and sharpen their intercultural skills.
Types of Programs Available:
- Short-term faculty-led programs, scheduled in conjunction with interim sessions, term break, or summer
- An entire term abroad in a single or multiple countries. CGE can also teach courses in your own institution’s program.
- Faculty development programs customized for an institution’s employees
CGE customizes programs to fit many academic disciplines, including history, political science, economics, business, nursing/medical, social work, literature, music, engineering, math, religion, law, gender and queer studies, sociology, leadership, education, and ESL.
- Professional development programs for groups seeking to internationalize their community/workforce or increase intercultural understanding
- Short-term, fully-customized seminars for faith communities, alumni groups, NGO’s, non-profits, secondary schools, and various other groups interested in exploring international and intercultural issues
We encourage you to view a sample list of past programs and sponsors in order to better understand the diversity of programs we can coordinate and customize.
- Tailored programs – We adapt to your thematic interests or curricular needs
- Community Engagment – Groups have access to a variety of field experiences and guest lecturers that build on our long-term relationships in each community
- All-Inclusive Programming – CGE coordinates just about every aspect of each seminar, including excursion planning, liaising with local experts/guest speakers, meals, lodging, translation, and transportation. CGE is also able to assist with group flight planning and program promotion.
- Experienced Leadership – CGE leaders accompany groups for duration of program and facilitate reflection sessions throughout in order to deepen the learning
Our Sponsor Guide has in-depth information on planning your travel seminar.
If you would like to work with CGE in the coordination of your seminar, please complete an inquiry form or contact us at: email@example.com, 800-299-8889/612-330-1385.
Once we receive an inquiry, we are happy to provide you with whatever pricing or itinerary information you need in order to confirm the program (please be sure to check your own institution or organization’s policies on group travel).
Once you have decided to work with CGE on your program, please complete a Sponsor Application form, submit a $500 deposit and a program checklist, if your country has one. We will contact you upon receipt of application and deposit to communicate that your program dates and location have been secured. A CGE travel seminar coordinator will then communicate to you a timeline and tasks for the upcoming months that will make your program a success!
Please note: We do not hold dates and locations without a deposit.