The Center for Global Education and Experience offers semester and summer programs at Augsburg College global sites in Central America, Mexico, and Southern Africa. These programs are open to students from any college or university – we have welcomed students to our programs from over 300 institutions of higher education. Programs offered at Augsburg College’s global sites emphasize community-based learning, urban and rural travel opportunities (included in program prices), and homestays.
Our on-site staff and faculty at Augsburg College campuses abroad average over 12 years of experience. CGEE itself has operated since 1979. This kind of commitment to and understanding of the countries in which we operate means you will find a level of immersion and contact with local people that is unmatched by most study abroad programs.
Faculty, staff, and community leaders looking to customize a program in one of these locations? See our customized programs information.
Other options for Augsburg College students
Other options for Augsburg College students include
- exchange programs at Augsburg’s partner colleges and universities
- short term programs; typically ranging from seven to twelve days, led by Augsburg faculty
- domestic programs based in the USA
- social justice programs with the Higher Education Consortium for Urban Affairs (HECUA)
- hundreds of affiliate program options