The following information and forms are required of all students (unless otherwise indicated) and an important part of your pre-program preparations. Please contact our Minneapolis office if you have any questions about these required forms.
- Registration and Payment Procedures for Non-Augsburg Student: Please read this information carefully and discuss it with your study abroad coordinator. When you have done so complete this form and return it to our office.
- Medical Report form: Be honest and complete with the information you provide. This is very important in ensuring that you are healthy and able to fully participate in the program. The semester is very rigorous, both physically and emotionally, so the better you prepare yourself, the more rewarding your experience will be. Your good health, or lack of it, can be significant in what kind of experience you have during the semester.
- Course Registration Form: Please review the Course Registration Information and fill out the course registration form. Send a copy to our Minneapolis office and keep one copy for yourself; you are responsible for knowing what you registered for and making any changes in writing. Also sign and submit a blank copy of the Course Registration Form as it will be used for and add/drops you wish to make once you have started the program.
- Internship Application (Namibia and Mexico, Social Work programs only): If you are applying for an internship you must complete this form. No requests for an internship will be processed without this application.
- Agreement and Release of Liability form: Carefully read this form, sign it, and return it to our office.
- Behavioral Contract: Carefully read this form, sign it, and return it to our office.
- Application for a Namibian visa (Namibia program only) START EARLY, as this can be a length process. Please return these completed materials with a copy of the photo page of your passport and two passport-sized photos. THESE ARE TIME-SENSITIVE MATERIALS SO IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT WE RECEIVE YOUR COMPLETED APPLICATIONS AND COPY OF YOUR PASSPORT BY JUNE 1 (fall semester) or NOVEMBER 1 (spring semester)! Students who have not completed their visa paperwork by these deadlines may be required to secure their own visa.
- Passport Number: If you do not already have a passport please apply for one ASAP. Do not put this off! It is very important that you have your passport well in advance of the program (especially if you are a part of the Namibia program and will be applying for a visa). If you have one, make sure it is valid for six months past the end date of your program. If it isn’t, please apply for a new one. You can apply for one either at a passport office, county government building, or a major post office. You will need two passport photos, a certified copy of your birth certificate (with a raised seal), and a check or money order for the processing fee. Birth certificates are available from the clerk of court in the county in which you were born, in case you need to get one. In fact, get two copies so you can bring one with you (just in case you lose your passport and need to apply for a replacement). For more information see: http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html
- Arrival Information: For programs that do not offer a group flight, our international staff will need to know when you are arriving, so please send us this information once you have made your travel arrangements. Also, if you plan to leave early and do some traveling before joining the program, please notify us at once, as alternative arrangements may need to be made to ensure you receive any final mailings or announcements.