Since 1982, the Center for Global Education at Augsburg College (CGE) has customized travel seminars throughout the world for hundreds of organizations and institutions. Programs are tailored to your group’s interests and learning objectives. Experienced CGE staff design programs that deepen participants’ critical analysis and sharpen their intercultural skills.
- Tailored programs – We adapt to your thematic interests or curricular needs
- Community Engagement – Groups have access to a variety of field experiences and guest lecturers that build on our long-term relationships in each community
- All-Inclusive Programming – CGE coordinates just about every aspect of each seminar, including excursion planning, liaising with local experts/guest speakers, meals, lodging, translation, and transportation. CGE is also able to assist with group flight planning and program promotion.
- Experienced Leadership – CGE leaders accompany groups for duration of program and facilitate reflection sessions throughout in order to deepen the learning
Types of Programs Available
- Short-term faculty-led programs, scheduled in conjunction with interim sessions, term break, or summer
- An entire term abroad in a single or multiple countries. CGE can also teach courses in your own institution’s program.
- Faculty development programs customized for an institution’s employees
CGE customizes programs to fit many academic disciplines, including history, political science, economics, business, nursing/medical, social work, literature, music, engineering, math, religion, law, gender and queer studies, sociology, leadership, education, and ESL.
- Professional development programs for groups seeking to internationalize their community/workforce or increase intercultural understanding
- Short-term, fully-customized seminars for faith communities, alumni groups, NGO’s, non-profits, secondary schools, and various other groups interested in exploring international and intercultural issues
We encourage you to view a sample list of past programs and sponsors in order to better understand the diversity of programs we can coordinate and customize.
You can inquire online, access or our in-depth sponsor guide, and apply by visiting our Inquiry and Application page. You may also wish to review our program cost and scholarship overview, where you can see estimates and see if your group qualifies for a reduced price.