Construction Site Work
As the spring semester of 2017 commences, construction on the Hagfors Center continues. This week, the work on the construction site includes the following:
- Installation of air handlers. Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning units will be trucked in this week, and lifted by the tower crane into place to the fourth-floor mechanical area.
Main lobby stairwell. Work on the main staircase in the lobby area (see photo at right) will be finishing up this week.
- West stair. The concrete pour of the steps for the west staircase is scheduled this week.
- Precast exterior brick – installation extended to weekends. Installation of the exterior precast brick continues on the north side of the west wing. Exterior precast installation may be taking place on upcoming Saturdays this month. All work will be completed within the construction fence. Since this work will be completed on weekends, an after-hours work permit is required from the City of Minneapolis, and notification is part of that permit process. Any complaint regarding this work may be submitted to Minneapolis Information and Services at 612-673-3000 or by calling 311 for phones with a 612 area code.
- Window frames and glass. Crews continue glass installation on the second floor of the north wing, and will move to level three, after the second level is complete.
- Interior work. Work continues on the mechanical, electrical, and interior wall framing installation. Crews also will begin drywall installation this week.