Roofs, generators, drywall, and seating… Yet another week of progress was made on schedule and under budget thanks to the hard and thoughtful work of our crews and contractors. Read more about last week’s accomplishments and this week’s plans:
Construction Site Work
Closure of 21st Avenue South; restricted parking in Lot A. In order to accommodate the next phase of construction, a portion of 21st Avenue South and South 7th Street are now closed to pedestrian and street traffic through the summer. Pedestrians are still able to cross 21st Avenue South to access Anderson and Luther residence halls to the south of the construction site; and vehicles can still access South 8th Street and the parking lots south of it. Vehicles and pedestrians are able to use the north end of 21st Avenue South to access Riverside Avenue, South 6th Street, the driveway adjacent to Oren Gateway Center, and the private home south of Oren. Augsburg also has designated Lot A as construction-related parking only. Special permits are required to park in that lot.
- Drywall delivery. The classrooms, hallways, meeting rooms, and more are coming together as the crews continue to drywall the interior. The crane (pictured, right) is transporting sheets of drywall to the second level as members of the crew wait to receive and install.
- Generator set. Prep work on the generator set continues this week. Weather permitting, the Hagfors Center will have permanent power by the end of the month.
Site work. Progress on the concrete seating continues this week. The crews are completing the pour with a (grey) colored concrete that will shape the benches. Prep work for the sidewalks along 21st Avenue will also begin weather permitting (photo, right).
Precast finished. A milestone was reached as the last precast panel was set last week finishing the exterior facade (photo, bottom right) .
- Skyway. Spray foam was installed under the skyway last week. The installation of bird-safe glass walls and final framing along the sides of the skyway will be completed this week.
- Roof. Metal panels around the curtain wall (glass wall of the chapel) and the perimeter of the roof are being installed (photo, bottom left).
- Site utility work. The city will be connecting and installing water mains along the west side of the site, along 20th Avenue South.