Augsburg University Holiday Schedules
Faculty employees are granted time off in keeping with the class academic calendar. Regular staff employees working .50 full-time equivalency (FTE) or greater are eligible for paid leave accrual and holiday pay on a basis proportionate to their FTE. Staff members who work less than 0.50 FTE or who are classified as stipend, temporary, or on-call are not eligible for paid vacation, personal time, or holiday pay.
NOTE: Benefits-eligible staff should observe the paid holiday schedule unless it is determined by their manager that the department needs to remain open to meet the needs of the campus. Being a student-centered institution, it is expected that certain offices and services will need to remain open on some or all of these days. If you have questions about whether you are scheduled to work, please see your supervisor.
Augsburg University Holidays have been updated in the HR Events and Training Google Calendar. For the most currently published pdf version of the Augsburg Holiday Schedule, please visit www.hrconnection.com and log in with your credentials. If you do not know your login credentials, please contact HR.
Paid Time Off Work
The following paid leaves apply to staff who work .50 FTE or greater.
- Bereavement Leave
- Bone Marrow Donor Leave
- Community Service Leave
- Court and Jury Duty Leave
- Vacation; an accrual maximum of up to a 120 hours prorated to your FTE
- Sick and Personal Time; an accrual maximum of up to a 120 days prorated to your FTE
- Personal Time; up to three (3) days prorated to your FTE
- Voting Leave
Sick and Safe Leave for covered employees in Minneapolis and St. Paul:
- Employees working at least 80 per year in each city are generally covered by the corresponding Minneapolis Sick and Safe Time Ordinance and the St. Paul Earned Sick and Safe Time Ordinance.
- The following Sick and Safe Leave Policy is effective July 1, 2017: http://web.augsburg.edu/hr/Employee_Handbook/sick_and_safe_policy.pdf