Augsburg College is located in the heart of Minneapolis, a city that is home to more than 400,000 people. Auggies are in the middle of everything. Downtown Minneapolis offers internships, museums, theaters, shopping, and sporting events. Studying in a city- more to see and do!
Get to know Minneapolis, Minnesota:
- Ranked as the absolute top city in the U.S. to live (October 2015)
- #1 fastest growing U.S. state for tech jobs (Forbes 2015)
- Nicknamed “Medical Alley” by Forbes (2015)
- Home to the highest per capita concentration of Fortune 500 company headquarters
- Ranked 3rd friendliest city in the U.S. (July 2015); ranked 25th world’s friendliest city (August 2015)
- Home to Mall of America (MOA)- America’s biggest mall
- Named a top food city of 2015 (Zagat)
- Most bike-able city in the U.S. (June 2015)
- More theater seats per capita than any other region in the U.S. outside of New York City
- 90,000 miles of shoreline…more than California, Florida and Hawaii combined!
Recommended by our students:
- One of the many art galleries at Augsburg
- Auggie Athletics — team sports, intramurals, and great fitness center
- Like Art, History, Science? Check out: Minneapolis Institute of Art, Weisman Art Museum, Mill City Museum, Science Museum of Minnesota, and the Walker Art Museum.
- For music be sure to attend a concert at: Target Center, the State Theatre, Fine Line Music Cafe, Bryant Lake Bowl, First Ave.
- Plenty of movie theaters near to campus including: Block E (downtown), Mall of America, St. Anthony Main, Riverview Theatre
- Be sure to catch a game of one of our major league sports teams: Timberwolves, Lynx, Vikings, Twins, Wild and Lynx!