Minnesota State ID Card
As an J-1 student studying at Augsburg University, you are eligible to apply for a MN State ID card. If you are a first-time applicant, you will have to:
- Bring one primary and one secondary document with you. For a complete list of primary and secondary documents, please refer to the identification requirements.
- Go to Midtown Exchange Service Center located at Midtown Global Market Lower Level (Greenway), 2929 Chicago Ave. S. Minneapolis, MN 55407.
- Fill out the application form at the center.
- Pay the required $17.25 fee by check or cash.
- Have your photo taken at the office.
- Your new state ID will be mailed to you in four to six weeks.
- Carry your current identification and the stamped yellow receipt you receive when you apply until it arrives.
For more information, please reference our handout.