It is required by immigration law that first-year F-1 students, J-1 students and scholars must attend the International Student Orientation. Augsburg Intentional Student Orientation provides essential information to assist new international students and scholars to acclimate into Augsburg community and make successful cultural and academic transition into the new settings. The Orientation takes place in both fall and spring semester before school begins. Activities and topics you can expect during the Orientation include:
- Legal document check
- Entry level assessment for F-1 students: Writing, Michigan Assessment and math placement test
- Welcome from International Student Organization (ISO) board members
- Health Insurance
- Overview of Augnet Account
- F-1 and J-1 regulations
- Tour of Lindell library
- Conversation with Augsburg Center for Counseling and Health Promotion (CCHP) counselors
- Campus and city street security
- Issues and policies related to living on campus
- Overview of Augsburg policies and activities
- Intercultural Communication and adjustment
- Minneapolis Plunge – Light-rail adventure
FALL 2018 New International Student Orientation
You will meet all new enrolled international students; and learn about Augsburg, immigration, life in Minneapolis, and more! Please remember that Augsburg International Student Orientation is mandatory.
If you are living on campus, Move-In Days are Sunday, August 26 – Monday, August 27. On Tuesday, August 28, we will help all students with getting things settled such as setting up a bank accounts, phone plans, tours of campus, and more. The mandatory days that you attend the International Student Orientation taking place on Wednesday, August 29 – Friday, August 31. You will meet all new enrolled international students; and learn about Augsburg, immigration, life in Minneapolis, and more! We will cover your meals during the orientation week and highly recommend you join us on the first three days as you arrive. First year students are also required to attend Auggie Days.
If you have any questions please contact Angela Bonfiglio at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.