Augsburg College International Social Work Conference: June 12-13, 2014
Bridging Social Work Practice Around the World
Call for Posters
The International Conference Committee in the social work department at Augsburg College, Minneapolis is pleased to invite submissions for posters within areas of social work in a global setting. The conference themed “Bridging Social Work Practice Around the World” seeks to bring together educators, researchers, practitioners, students, and other stakeholders who are interested in issues related to social work within the global arena. The goal of this conference is to share knowledge of social work practice around the world.
Please note: THE POSTER ABSTRACT DEADLINE IS APRIL 15, 2014.
Submissions are encouraged in all areas related to social work theory, practice, research, and policy. Submissions can be empirical or practice based.
- Methods of social work practice in different countries
- Globalization and its impact on the world
- Ethical considerations in social work practice
- Clinical social work practice
- Evidence based practice
- Supervision and administration
- Social work and social movements
- Community development
- Diversity and social justice within social work practice
- Sustainable development
- Environmental justice
- Public health
This conference encourages presentations as they relate to social work in the micro, macro, or policy level in any part of the world. Abstracts should be submitted in a structure that includes the following:
- Title (25 words or less)
- Presenters and presenter information (100 words or less)
- An abstract of 500 words or less that includes:
- Research or program design
- Results and/or practice implications
- Overall contribution to social work
All submissions should be emailed to email@example.com by April 15, 2014.
We look forward to seeing you in June!