AUGSBURG LATIN AMERICAN STUDENTS (ALAS)
ALAS invites all Auggies to join the group, participate in its year-round meetings and events and to learn about the diversity that exists within the Latino community at Augsburg.
ALAS holds weekly meetings from September to May where members:
- Connect with fellow Auggies, engage in team building activities and have fun!
- Find a safe space to discuss their college experience and support each other
- Make new friends and share their own strengths and talents with the group
- Learn about academic, financial and career opportunities on/off campus
ALAS programming is constantly evolving and the goals for 2014-15 are to ensure that its events honor the diversity of cultures, nationalities, languages, history and experiences of Latin@s at Augsburg and to encourage all Auggies to be part of ALAS. Examples of past events include:
- Weekly meetings – Mondays, from 5 – 6 pm in Marshall Room!
- Latino Heritage Week
- Fall Leadership Retreat
- Dia de Muertos
- Las Posadas
- Spring Break Trip – locations vary per year
- Volunteering in local organizations
- Latino Dance Night
- Senior/Graduation Dinner
To contact the ALAS Board with questions about the group, general meetings, events, joining the group, and other inquiries e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
ALAS is a commissioned student organization at Augsburg College; its events are funded through a budget approved by Student Senate.