The Twin Cities Teacher Collaborative (TC2) urban teacher residency is full-time, year-long, post-baccalaureate teacher preparation program for mathematics and science teacher candidates that integrates best practices for the preparation of highly effective educators.
TC2 is a member of the Network for Excellence in Teaching (NExT). TC2 is a member of the Urban Teacher Residency United Network and the 100kin10 national STEM initiative. TC2 Urban Teacher Residency is funded by the Bush Foundation and the US Department of Education. Partners include Augsburg College, Bethel University, Concordia University St. Paul, Hamline University, Minneapolis Public Schools, St. Catherine University St. Paul, and University of St. Thomas.
To learn more visit www.tc2residency.org.
1. Apply to the Master of Arts in Education program at www.augsburg.edu/mae/admission-process.
2. Apply to TC2 online at www.tc2residency.org/apply.php.
1. File FAFSA for upcoming academic year. (Consider applying for the TEACH Grant, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.)
2. Stipends will be applied to your tuition account along with all awarded and accepted financial aid.
3. Remember to renew your FAFSA for Term 4 by May 1st.
1. Register for courses with MAE Program Director (following program plan below).
2. Remember to check your Augsburg email account as this is the official method of communication for the College.
3. Remember to follow the Augsburg College Academic Calendar as well as the TC2 Urban Teacher Residency Calendar.
Term 1 – EDC599-TC2 TC2 Urban Teacher Residency: Foundations, 6 semester credits
Term 2 – EDC599-TC2 TC2 Urban Teacher Residency: Methods, 8 semester credits
Term 3 – EDC599-TC2 TC2 Urban Teacher Residency: Student Teaching, 8 semester credits
Term 4 – EDC599-TC2 TC2 Urban Teacher Residency: Professionalism, 6 semester credits
What happens if I need to drop out of the program during a term?
Contact the TC2 Program Director and MAE Program Director
When can I expect to receive my grade in each course?
Grades will be submitted at the end of each term, closely following the Augsburg College grading deadline (see Academic Calendar).
Who is my academic advisor at Augsburg College?
MAE Program Director
Vicki Olson, MAE Program Director
Financial Aid/Billing Questions: