Spring (January Start) – December 15th
Summer (May Start) – April 15th
Fall (September Start) – August 15th
Applications are processed on a rolling basis. Applications submitted and files completed after deadlines are reviewable if space permits and enough time exists for a file review and interview to be conducted prior to orientation.
International Students are strongly encouraged to submit all application materials 2-4 weeks prior to application deadlines.
The Individualized Learning Profile (ILP) is a new alternative assessment NOW AVAILABLE at Augsburg for those who have not taken the GMAT. Contact graduate admissions to learn more about the ILP.
You may apply for admission to the Augsburg College MBA or certificate programs if you have received or are planning to receive a bachelors degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university prior to enrolling in the MBA. Selection of students is based on demonstrated academic ability with satisfactory performance in college work.
BEGIN THE ONLINE APPLICATION
The application fee of $35 is waived for all online applications. Contact the Graduate Admissions Office at 612-330-1101 if you prefer a paper application.
Have official academic transcripts from all previously attended postsecondary institutions sent directly to the Graduate Admissions Office. This includes colleges, universities, and vocational/technical institutions.
Augsburg requires an evaluation of credentials for any transcript(s) from an institution outside of the United States. The evaluation report should be sent directly to graduate admissions.
This evaluation should include the following:
- Analysis of credentials to determine if your degree is equivalent to an accredited U.S. bachelor’s degree.
- Course by course evaluation to show your complete course listing with credit values and grades received for each course.
- Calculation of grade point average to demonstrate your cumulative grade point average using the standard U.S. grading system, i.e., A=4.0, B=3.0, C=2.0, D=1.0, F=0.0.
- Translation to English (if applicable)
We require applicants to use this service:
World Education Services, Inc.
Bowling Green Station
P.O. Box 5087
New York, NY 10274-5087
Phone: (212) 966-6311 or 800-937-3895, ext. 2
Fax: (212) 966-6395
Please request letters of recommendation from two individuals with whom you have worked professionally. Please ask each individual to complete the recommendation form (DOWNLOAD THE RECOMMENDATION FORM) and return it along with their letter of recommendation to the Augsburg Graduate Admissions Office.
Please submit a copy of your current résumé via email to email@example.com
We have listed below the essay questions required for application and admission to the Augsburg MBA program. Essays are utilized in the admission process to judge your ability to express yourself and to learn more about you as an individual and future MBA student. We prefer applicants email their essays to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) What are your intermediate and long-term professional goals? Please explain and be as specific as possible. How do you feel these goals would contribute to realizing your vocation? (Approximately 500-600 words suggested). Vocation at Augsburg is seen as fulfilling a calling; that through the pursuit of your occupation, you are performing a service to your community and society.
2) Answer one of the following questions (Approximately 350 words suggested).
- What is your favorite quote and why is it meaningful to you?
- If you could have dinner with one individual in the past, present, or future, who would it be and why?
- At Augsburg, we think that business should be approached from a strong ethical and values-driven foundation. Who has been most influential in creating your value system and sense of what is right or wrong? How were you influenced?
Essays should be typed using 11- or 12-point font. Essays may be double spaced for readability.
You will be invited to campus for a personal interview if your application is approved by the admissions committee.
Test Scores or Individual Learning Profie (ILP)
Although we do accept the GMAT, GRE or other graduate admissions tests; we also offer MBA candidates an alternative math and writing profile assessment entitled the Individual Learning Profile (ILP) which provides a picture of candidates math and writing (verbal) competency detailing strengths and areas of improvement. The profile is not an admissions screening instrument and will be used as a platform to develop a skills improvement plan early in the program for students should they need it.
The ILP uses the current, popular math assessment, ALEKS employed by Augsburg, and Cengage Learnings WriteExperience writing strengths summary. The ILP is offered online at a cost of $150. Admitted students that show a need for either or both math and writing remediation can move into the next phase of completing the learning program modules online, at their convenience, which are also produced and offered by ALEKS and Cengage. The online learning modules are included in the price of the ILP.
Students do not need to complete the ILP prior to admission. For more information on the ILP go to Augsburg MBA Website.
Submit application items and related materials to:
Graduate Admissions Office
Augsburg College, CB 65
2211 Riverside Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55454