Augsburg students were recognized for their excellent work at the fourth annual Student Film Festival hosted by the Associated Colleges of the Twin Cities.
- Thomas VandenDolder ’15 won Best Experimental Film for “Oblivious.”
- Rebecca Schroeder ’18 won the Best Music Video award for “We Are The Art.”
This year’s ACTC festival included a new screenplay contest. Students who have participated in courses in the Augsburg Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing program took home top awards in all three categories.
- Michelle Herrin ’15 MFA won the Overall Excellence award for “Side Effects.”
- Amanda Symes ’15 MFA received an Honorable Mention, Feature-Length Narrative for “Celia.”
- Mark Woodley ’14 received the Best Short Screenplay award for “Missing.”
The festival included work submitted by students from Augsburg College, Hamline University, and the University of St. Thomas. More than 100 people attended the film festival screenings this year, and all films were created during the 2013-14 academic year.