Last summer, Augsburg College participated in a national higher education magazine survey developed by the Council for Advancement and Support of Education. This survey allowed more than 600 people to share feedback on the ways Augsburg’s magazine helps them stay connected with the College.
Based on the survey results, we worked to develop a clearer picture of the roles the magazine plays and found that the Augsburg College magazine serves to:
- Foster inspiration and pride.
- Provide intellectual stimulation and ongoing education.
- Bridge the Augsburg of today with people’s past experiences.
- Define and illustrate what it means to be an “Auggie.”
- Help the Augsburg community learn how to talk about itself and equip individuals to advocate for the College.
Given the importance of these commitments, there was a desire to have the magazine name align with and support the publication’s purpose. After an exploration of dozens of name options, Augsburg Spirit and Augsburg Experience stood out. It also was evident that the name Augsburg Now remains appropriate.