Commencement 2016

Students of color, award winners, and former KARE 11 anchor stand out at graduation

Former KARE 11 News anchor Diana Pierce ’16 MAL earned her Masters of Arts in Leadership and participated in commencement this spring. “The program at Augsburg gave me exactly what I wanted to add to my skillset for a new adventure,” Pierce said on KARE 11 in April.
Former KARE 11 News anchor Diana Pierce ’16 MAL earned her Masters of Arts in Leadership and participated in commencement this spring.
“The program at Augsburg gave me exactly what I wanted to add to my skillset for a new adventure,” Pierce said on KARE 11 in April.

Augsburg College celebrated students completing degrees in the traditional undergraduate, adult undergraduate, and graduate programs through commencement ceremonies held April 30. The 2016 traditional undergraduate class is the most diverse in the College’s history and comprised of more than 42 percent students of color. 

Commencement keynote speaker Michael Botticelli, director of the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy, addressed ceremony attendees and was awarded an honorary doctorate. Michael Good ’71 also was awarded an honorary degree in recognition of his service to the College. Eleanor Barr ’16 earned the Marina Christensen Justice Award, and Kim Chisholm ’16 received this year’s Richard Thoni Award, recognizing exceptional contributions to their communities.