Where: Burnsville, MN
Title: Finance Campaign Fellow
Angie Craig’s campaign for Congress is seeking campaign fellows to help us achieve our fundraising goals in Minnesota’s 2nd district. For those considering working in politics full-time, this is a great place to start! We’re running an aggressive finance program to make sure we have the resources to invest in an incredible field operation and to spread Angie’s message to voters throughout CD2. Help us elect the first LGBTQ person to represent Minnesota in Congress and make sure the 2nd has a representative who will be a voice for working families, students, and all of our communities!
No campaign experience required; just a willingness to learn, an interest in campaign finance and a desire to flip CD2 blue. Finance fellows will learn about different fundraising tools and techniques, and build the unique skill sets needed to grow a successful finance program. There will be leadership development component to this fellowship, and you can work with your supervisor to tailor your fellowship to your interest areas.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform donor research and prospecting
• Assist in donor communications, including acknowledgements and follow-up
• Prep, advance and staff campaign events and fundraisers
• Ensure prompt and accurate data entry in NGP
• Prepare call sheets and assist with call time needs
• Other duties/responsibilities as needed
• Detail oriented self-starter with a willingness to learn new skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Commitment to progressive values and electing DFL candidates
Hours will be determined by fellow and supervisor. Ability to travel/drive is preferred, but not required. This position is unpaid. To apply, please send a brief cover letter and resume to Laura Vance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paid for by Angie Craig for Congress