Angie Craig’s campaign for Congress is seeking campaign interns to help us build our organizing and political outreach programs in 2018. For those considering working in politics full-time, this is a great place to start! Our campaign interns work with our field organizers to support and grow our incredible grassroots volunteer team, and spread Angie’s message to thousands of voters in every corner of the Second Congressional District.
Help us elect the first LGBTQ person to represent Minnesota in Congress and make sure the 2nd has a representative who will be a voice for working families, students, and all of our communities! No campaign experience required; just a willingness to learn, an interest in campaigns, and a desire to flip CD2 blue. Field interns will learn the ins and outs of campaigns and will build the unique skill sets needed to grow a successful field program. There will be a leadership development component to this internship, and you can work with your supervisor to tailor your internship to your interest areas.
- Recruit, train, and mentor volunteer leaders.
- Maintain relationships with voters in the area.
- Build youth outreach programs to connect with other young people and encourage them to vote and volunteer.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- A deep commitment to progressive candidates and its policy goals.
- Willingness to learn new skills and to work with others in a team environment.
- Ability to keep cool under pressure.
Hours will be determined by the Organizer and the Fellow on an individual basis. This position is unpaid. To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org